Have you got a coworker who have just joined, and it is time to have your first one-to-one meeting?
Then you should read this blog post. Here are some tips on questions and discussion topics to use in your first one-to-one meeting.
– How have you felt during your first weeks with us?
– What has made you happy?
– What has made you concerned or less happy?
– When have you felt frustrated during your first weeks here?
– What feels unclear?
– How clear are the expectations on you?
– Are there any decisions that you need help on, to be able to move on?
– Which behaviors have you observed and reflected on, in our team?
– Would you like more or less feedback on your work?
– Would you like more or less guidance from me?
– How do you experience your work load?
– In which parts of your work would you like more help or coaching?
– How can I improve my leadership style?
– If you would be proud over something that you accomplish within a year, what would that be?
– What can we do already now, to help you with your long term targets in your development?
By the end of the one-to-one meeting, please set off five minutes to discuss what you bring with you and your next step. It is a good idea to book your next meeting already now.